Friday, January 1, 2010

Yes, I'm Crazy

It's true, I am crazy. I have been avoiding this whole electronic communication thing for the longest time. I have been quoted as saying "the Internet is the devil". I don't do facebook, or myspace or even text. I have even been known to tape a small list of important phone numbers on the back of my cell phone because I didn't want to take the time to learn how to save them in the phone. Told you I'm crazy.

I don't really know why I have been avoiding this electronic world we live in, guess I'm just old school. It's not that I don't appreciate all the internet has to offer, it just seems sometimes it goes to far; way beyond what we imagined it could be. With that said, I have come to realize I am addicted to blogs. Not just any blog, but a select few that I check daily if not multiple times a day. I love it. I love to see what folks are up to, especially crafters. I love to read about other peoples' lives and what goes on in their worlds. I'm not sure why really, maybe it's just being nosey, however, I do find a lot of inspiration in what I read.

Any way, after a long talk with myself and several hours of trying to set this thing up, I have created my own blog. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself in to or what I may have agreed to by accepting several "terms and conditions" in building this blog, but I just gotta give it a try. I don't know who would read it or why, but I want to do it. I'm not sure what I will write about, I just know it will be about life, crafts and beer.

I love crafts, all crafts. I also love craft shows/fairs. I have been a crafter all my life and can't imagine a day without some craft inspiration. Even if I don't have time to sit down and create, my brain is always crafting. My craft interests are always changing and mixing. I love the feeling I get when I am working on something for someone as a gift or "just because". Crafting with a purpose (other than self satisfaction) is a great feeling. Right now my purpose is the anticipation of our first grandchild. I have been busy with a baby blanket, sweaters, and bibs. I am also tossing around the idea of putting together a small craft show in the near future. I need to think on it a little more before I really go whole hog with it.

My hubby is a home brewer and has found much happiness in making his beer. I have found much happiness in drinking his beer. He loves brewing almost as much as I love crafting. It all started several years back with a simple Mr. Beer kit. That simple little kit exploded into a plethora of brewing stuff that I could have never imagined (which is okay because I can always use it as ammunition when words are said about my yarn stash). There is always talk of brewing and bottling and of course we always have to sample his work (that's the best part).

I have a wonderful life. Even with all of the ups and downs it is wonderful. I have an amazing family, the best hubby and kids anyone could ask for. Yes they make me crazy sometimes but they put up with me and that kind of evens things out.

I hope this will be the first of many posts to come.

May your 2010 be aweful (full of awe)!

No comments:

Post a Comment