Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Love Lucy




This is the baby blanket I made for Grandbaby's Christmas. The pattern for the granny square "Summer Garden Granny Square" and the inspiration for this blanket came from Lucy at Attic24. I love Lucy. I can't help myself. She is one of, or possibly, my favorite blogger. You have to go see her. She is amazing. I love her work, her style and her sense of color. She is such an inspiration. I love everything she does. Reading Lucy's blog and just looking at her work is part of what inspired me to start blogging. Lucy and a couple of others that I read daily and just go to for inspiration and ideas are what really put this blogging idea in my head. Lucy recently had a sweet baby boy and was out of commission for a week or better. I found myself checking her blog several times a day waiting for an update on what was going on with her and "Bump24". I am happy to report that I wasn't the only one checking and worrying. She had hundreds of posts from folks wanting and needing to know what was going on. I never would have imagined getting hooked on blogs; but when you start reading about what other's have going on and they share their lives with you, some how this unexplainable relationship develops and you find yourself caring about complete strangers.

I am still getting ready for the gathering that is this weekend at my house. I am getting excited and so are some of the others who are helping host. It will be fun. I have been tired and feeling a little funky this week though. I have been trying to convince myself that I am not getting sick. I have been talking hard with myself about it and have told myself numerous times that I just don't have time to be sick. However this morning I had to give in and I stayed home from work. I hope a day on the couch will make me all better and I can get things finished and ready for this weekend.

I still have a little bit of knitting and crocheting to finish up before the weekend. So maybe I can work on that today as I continue to convince myself that I am not sick.

Be an inspiration to a complete stranger, you never know who may care for you.


1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWW how lovely, you are too kind and i am blushing!!
    Your granny blanket is so scrummy, I love the way you edged each square before joining them.

    And i know exactly what you mean about the blogging community, yes you do begin to find "friends" and really care about what happens to them, such an amazing world we live in that allows us to make tehse discoveries and connections.

    Love to you, have a happy day
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete