Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Here - KiP Week!


World Wide Knit in Public week officially started yesterday.  It runs June 13 thru June 20.  Remember,  I posted about this a few weeks back.  In celebration of KiP week I've decided to try to post a picture everyday this week showing knitting in public.  The pictures will more than likely be me knitting in public or pictures of some of my knitting in public places.  I think you will get a kick out of some of it. 

The picture above is one of me knitting on public transportation.  I knit almost everyday while commuting to and from work on the bus.  I love it!  If I work at it I can do a dish cloth in one day's commute.  My ride one way is kind of long (almost an hour) but the money I save in gas is so worth it.  The real bonus is the knitting time I get in with few, if any, interruptions.  I have figured out that it is best (for me anyway) not to have anything that requires a pattern or a lot of thought.  I like to look around and keep my bearings because of my battle with motion sickness.   When I first started knitting on the bus I got a lot of questions from fellow commuters - "what is that" or "what are you making".   Now most of my bus buddies just accept it and don't really pay much attention to me.  It is a good way for me to block out some of the chatter and noise on the bus and escape into my own little world.  It truly is therapy. 

I hope you enjoy the week. I encourage you to take the challenge and knit in public just once this week. If you do I hope you will share your pictures and/or stories with us.

Stay tuned!

P.S.  Little Girl is having a blast in Puerto Rico.  Tonight they will be having a feast with some local folks.  Please keep them in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment