Saturday, March 27, 2010

Technology, Spring Swap, and Party Update


Good Morning,

We are still without our computer (at least our hard drive) so I am working from the laptop this morning while drinking lots of coffee.  Hubby is working on getting a way for me to load some pictures to this thing.  It is an older laptop so it doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that some do today.  Hopefully something good will happen this week and we can get a computer and our hard drive back up and running.  You don't realize how much you depend on technology until it's gone.  I said in the very beginning of this blogging adventure of mine that I don't like technology, I think it is going to ruin us all (again, I will admit I know I'm crazy).  I don't have a lot of technical knowledge.  I don't know how these things work and don't want to know.  I don't want to waste my brain space with that type of information.  So please forgive me if I am making a big deal out of this computer thing when it should be a simple fix.  

My newest friend Rosario received her swap surprise from me this week and wrote the sweetest blog about it.  Check out Rosario's blog, Dona Maria, and you can see what I made for her.  My surprise from her is still making it's way across the Atlantic ocean and should be here any day.  I can hardly wait!

My gold party / craft sale was a success.  I was so pleased that people actually came.  I think 4 or 5 ladies sold their old gold to the buyer and were very happy to make some money.  We sold several crafts items and made a good bit of cash too.  I was so happy that people were excited about the craft stuff.  The night had a party atmosphere as we laughed, talked and enjoyed each others company.  Hubby spent the evening on the back deck enjoying his homebrews.  He just couldn't take another hen party.
The party turned out better than I expected which was a relief and gave me great satisfaction.  I will post pictures of some of my craft goodies as soon as I can. 

Thanks for hanging in there with me as we work through this computer issue.  I appreciate you stopping by so much.  I hope you have a great Saturday. 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment