Monday, February 15, 2010

The Sweetest Valentine

This has to be the sweetest Valentine ever.  Grand Baby arrived late afternoon on Valentine's Day.  She is wonderfully perfect and just unbelievable.  She has the sweetest face and is just so peaceful and content.  I am overwhelmed by her. 

You truly cannot imagine how it feels to be a grandparent until it actually happens.  There are no words to describe it.  How can someone so small and helpless fill us with so much love?  How can someone that tiny hold the whole world in her hands?  How can she ever know how much she means to us?   Just writing about her makes me cry.  I am so overcome with emotion when I pray for her it is unbelievable.  I am so consumed by her tiny little presence that it is mind-boggling.  There truly is a love that grandparents have for their grandchildren that is so different it cannot be explained only experienced.  I wish I had the words but I don't.  All I can say is I love her.  I thank God she is here safe and sound and healthy. 

I can't wait until she is home and I can really start to spoil her.  I've worked hard at it since she arrived but there is so much more to do. 

I am sorry if you are get bored reading about Grand Baby, but you probably will see more about her over the days to come.  I will try hard not to be a sappy granny but try to keep it real - as real as a granny can.

Hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment