Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rare Snow at the Beach

Shrimp boats covered with snow.

Live Oak trees snow bound.

Harkers Island Bridge

Beautiful snow covered marsh.

This is a rare sight.  So rare that I am sure thousands of pictures have been taken.  These pictures are from a friend at Harkers Island, NC.  This is a small island on the far eastern part of the state.  It is a beautiful place. 

We had another snowstorm last weekend in NC.  I didn't tell you about it because of all of the Grand Baby excitement.  Here at home we got about 3 inches of nothing but snow (no ice).  It was one of those fat fluffy snows that is so pretty coming down and doesn't mess up our roads.  Down at Harkers Island they saw about 6 to 8 inches.  They haven't seen snow like that in almost 20 years.  I think it is beautiful.  I wish we could have been down there to experience it.  I can't wait to get down there this spring and talk to the locals about it.  I am sure they have some great stories to tell.

Grand Baby Update - she is wonderful and sweet.  Mommy, Daddy and baby are all well and adjusting to their new exciting life.  I am so proud of them.  They are working hard and doing great. 

Enjoy your Sunday and keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Your boat pictures are amazing! never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete