Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shower Surprises

Can you believe this beautiful baby quilt a very dear friend made for Grand Baby?!  She invested so much time and care in making it.  Big Girl was so surprised and absolutely loves it!  This is one of those baby gifts that almost makes you cry.  It is just so sweet and thoughtful.  I love the colors and design.  It is an absolute treasure. 

I finished the brown sweater in time for the shower.  In fact I got up extra early on Sunday morning to be sure it was ready and wrapped before going to church that morning.  It turned out pretty nice.  I had a tough time with it Saturday and had to pull some of it out (several times) and try again.  I don't know why I had such a hard time.  Maybe the pressure I put on myself caused me to panic a little bit.  There are a couple of stitch flaws and of course when I look at it that is all I see.  No one else seemed to notice.  I don't know if they were being kind or really couldn't see my mistakes.  It doesn't really matter anyway because Big Girl was very appreciative of it. Below is a picture of the full sweater. 
So far it has been a busy week.  I am thinking about what I will make for the Dutch Sisters swap.  I have lots of things running around in my head.  It will be so much fun.

Hope your week has started out well.  Keep in touch!








1 comment:

  1. I love that quilt. Soooooo pretty. The brown sweater is nice to. But that quilt is the thing. Can't wait for Grand Baby to get here.

    ReplyDelete