Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Brewer Inginuity and Other Things

I am always surprised at the creativity of home brewers.  I shouldn't be, although I am.  Really if you think about it they are creative folks.  There is a lot that goes into beer recipes, the planning of it all and tons of work goes into the brewing process.  It really is a creative process.  We had another brew day at our house over the weekend.  The weather was perfect.  Pictured above is Hubby's (Head Brewmaster) latest toy.  He has hounded me for weeks for one of my 50% off coupons from Michael's (craft store).  I finally gave in and we had to make a trip to the craft store (he never wants to go there with me).  Anyway he had to purchase a Pasta Machine that is used for crafting with polymer clay.  This is his grain mill.  He had to take a drill bit to it and rough up the mill part so it would actually grab the grain and crush it.  Now that we have a couple of hundred pounds of grain stored in various places throughout the house this was a must have.  I was actually impressed.  There are future modifications planned for this new piece of equipment that will only enhance its use.  Brewers are very creative and frugal too.    

I did enjoy being the assistant brewer, knitting and sunning.  It was great. 

Here is one of my knitted dolls sunning with me enjoying the great weather too.

This post should have been made several days ago but the weekend caught up with me and I have been sick all week.  This is the first time I have touched a computer since I left work on Monday.  I believe my good friend brought some germs home with her from her Mediterranean cruise and shared them with me at dinner on Friday night.  I pretty much feel like crap and have slept more than any one human should.  I do feel a little better today and hopefully will be back to normal in a day or two. 

4 comments:

  1. hope you are feeling better. love that pasta machine creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, being sick is never fun. Those 50% off coupons are the best! Have I mentioned how envious I am of your brewing adventures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what was going on. I missed you and your pictures. All I can say is welcome back I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better~ love the little doll in the cup holder!

    ReplyDelete