Sunday, July 11, 2010

Treasure Hunting


Today Hubby wanted to ride to a brew buddy's house to get a couple of kegs. I don't really understand the keggle and fermentor project ahead, but the main thing is we went to this buddy's house.  I remembered there was a discount store in this town that I have been wanting to go to for a while now and thought this would be the perfect reason to ride with Hubby.  Boy am I glad I went.  We went to the discount store first. You know those stores that carry discontinued items, overstock stuff and are usually pretty cluttered.  Sometimes you can find real treasures at those stores.  I hit the jackpot today!  
I found "The Knitter's Bible - Knitted Accessories" by Claire Compton for $3.00!  Can you believe it, a great knitting book for 3 bucks.  Then I spotted mill end runs of Lion Brand Home Spun for $4.99 for 3 skein packs.  Get out - 3 skeins of Home Spun for $4.99.  So what if they're mill ends and all purple - I can't pass that up.  There were only 5 packs and I had to get them all.  That's 15 skeins of Home Spun for $25!  Of course this will be donated to the church for prayer shawls.  Then one of the best finds of the day - Vanna's Choice yarns, the BIG skeins, 340 yards for $2.99.  Am I crazy?!?!  Yes, I had to have it.  Big skeins of Vanna's Choice for $2.99!  It was almost too much for me to take.  I got one of each color they had in stock.  I wanted to buy it all but knew I had already blown my budget.  I couldn't pass it up.  Think of all the money I saved!!!
Oh yeah, and Hubby got his kegs.  He is as excited as I am over our treasures.  Needless to say we had a good day!

2 comments:

  1. OK where is this. You have me wondering????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there were stores like these in Portugal...

    ReplyDelete