Sunday, July 11, 2010

One of those weeks...


I'm exhausted.  This has been a long week even with the holiday Monday.  Work has been tough this past week (or past several months) with a lot of challenges.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job (most days) and am thankful for it.  It just seems that here lately we are faced with more stressful, challenging, frustrating days.  I try so hard not to write about work here because it's not fun, it's just part of life.  But if you will forgive me this time I need to say something about work.

Have you ever paid attention to that little quote in the top right corner of my blog page?  Do you see it, the one from Aristotle about how to avoid criticism?  Now read the one from me.  All of that is there because of the attitude (not sure that's the right word) I have about work and maybe life in general.  I tend to draw a lot of criticism at work, don't know why really, but I have my guesses.  I tend to be opinionated, vocal, and maybe a little bitchy.  I stand my ground and don't like being pushed around.  I can fuss and cuss with the best of them to be sure my point is heard.  I believe right is right and wrong is wrong.  I believe when you are at work you should work.  I don't like laziness or excuses.   Some folks, maybe a lot of folks, don't like that about me.  When I read the Aristotle quote a while back I thought EUREKA, that's it!  That's the quote that sums up things for me at work.  I'm criticised because I say what I believe, am a good, productive employee, and I want to be the best I can possibly be. I expect the same of others and my work place.  Is it a bad thing to have high expectations of those around you?

Good news!  I've decided to take the coming week off.  I am so excited.  I typically don't take a week of vacation during the summer months, but I need a break.  I think it will do me some good.  I have some things around the house that need to be done and I think there may be trip to the island in the works. 

Thank you for letting me vent.  I feel better now. Enjoy your day.  Don't let those around you make you crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment