Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hummers


Take a look at that.  So what do you think?  Hubby and I have been playing with this idea of a recycled wine bottle hummingbird feeder for a while and I think we got it.  We've been feeding hummers for a couple of weeks from our creations.  This is a recycled wine bottle wired with flowers cut from drink cans added for some color to attract the birds.  The whole project is made from recycled materials except  for the feeding tube.  

Here's a hummer taking a shot from a Cabo Wabo Tequila bottle.
(Love Cabo Wabo and Sammy Hagar)

It took me a little while to get these shots.  I waited patiently on the other side of the back steps, for what seemed forever, hiding from the birds.  I was beginning to wonder if I had hid myself well enough but then a hummer approached.  Just as he was swooping in to take a drink I heard a loud MEOW!  

Scruffy blew my cover!!  I tried to shoo her away but the more I tried the more determined she was to stick her big head through the railing for me to pet.  The more determined she became the more she meowed.  I finally had to give in and make her go inside.  She is still pouting but I'm sure she'll be over it by morning.

Sorry I've been away from blog world for several days.  I've had a lot going on lately and  lots of running around to do.  To be honest, there's been some lazy thrown into the mix too.  

Thanks for checking in.   Hope you're having a groovy week!

1 comment:

  1. :) this is a very funny post! Hope there's water on that bottles... ;)
    and don't worry, I've been a lazy blogger too; I guess it's Spring time!
    have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete