Sunday, December 19, 2010

Getting Ready

Sleeting and snowing.

Goodies all around.

Presents being crafted.

Some presents are done.

Candies cooling on the table.

Christmas will be here before we know it.  I'm getting ready - are you?  Our weather is crazy as usual.  We've had the coldest December in history here in NC.  We have had 4 "snow events" this month alone.  That's just not heard of in these parts.  I have been busy getting things together and trying to get some presents finished up.  I'm not in panic mode (yet).  I know what I have to do and what is left to get.  I just need the time do it all.

This afternoon we will be enjoying our neighborhood Christmas party.  Should be a ton of fun because we have the best neighbors.  I can't wait to try all the goodies.  Oh that reminds me - the candies in the picture above are chocolate covered peanuts - one of my favorites.  The recipe is crazy simple and you make them in the crock pot.  You've got to give it a try.

Chocolate Covered Peanuts

2 - 16 oz jars lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
8 blocks white bark (found in the baking isle)
1 - 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 - 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips

In crock pot:

Pour peanuts into crock-pot making a little well in the center.
Pour chocolate chips in center.
Place white bark on top of chocolate chips.
**Do not let any chocolate touch the sides or bottom of the crock-pot

Cook on LOW for 1 1/4 hours until chocolate begins to melt.

Stir well to coat peanuts. Spoon onto waxed paper in the size you want the peanut clusters to be. They will harden in about an hour. Can put on cookie sheets and place in refrigerator to speed up the hardening process.

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate covered peanuts! Definately going to try your crockpot recipe~ thanks for sharing~

    Merry Christmas to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete